There are many roads out there with low or no lighting and then you also have to contend with the blinding lights coming at you from other drivers. The fatality rate at night, which is considered from 6 pm to 6 am, is three percent higher than the day time rate. Many people complain of eye strain, dry and tired eyes, inability to focus and blurred vision all that can be helped with night vision glasses. Many people feel that the most distracting issue when driving at night are the lights of oncoming traffic and the headlights from cars behind them. And if you have any vision problems to begin with like cataracts or near-sightedness, these problems can be intensified. Many eye professionals are recommending night vision glasses be used to help keep you safer.
Some tips from the professionals for safe nighttime driving are recommending:
- Make sure your headlights are clean, by keeping them clean you are ensuring that you will have better visibility when driving on roads with little or no lighting.
- Do not wear sunglasses after dusk. These only make it more difficult to see at night.
- Cleaning your windshield inside and outside. This will prevent smears that block your vision and make it more difficult to see.
- Dim your instrument panel. This will reduce brightness when you glance at them.
- Drive slower than the speed limit. This is especially true on winding roads.
- Wear a pair of night vision glasses that have anti-reflective coating on the lenses.
- Adjust your rear view mirror to "night" setting. This will dim the glare of headlights from the cars behind you.
|Night Vision Glasses For Safer Driving|